Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blingaling - Featured Etsy Artist

Every one has a story - But can you top this of how you got started in your craft?......Bio I've always admired handmade objects, but I only started making things myself after my husband walked through our screen door -- twice. We had all this leftover screening material, which was way too cool to throw out. So I started making things with it. Earrings, rings, headbands, brooches, necklaces, bracelets...the stuff was infinitely versatile! Then I started seeing other everyday objects and stray items in a new way and gave them a second life as jewelry, cell phone holders, wind chimes, bookmarks and other things you'll see in my shop. In the process of all this, I rediscovered my gaudy side. While I can't plant your name in topiary like I wanted my parents to do when I was a kid, I can provide you with something you won't find anywhere else in the world. Welcome to my shop, and have some fun!
Blingaling's work can be viewed and purchased at: http://www.blingaling.etsy.com Please take a minute to view her store - her work is unique, fun, and interesting! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angelique said...

That's such a good story! And her husband walking through a screen door twice...that's pretty funny. :-)