Saturday, October 27, 2007

FEATURED ARTIST - Yaslani - Etsy.com

YASLANI - Artist extraordinare! Yaslani's work consists of bamboo pendants and mixed media paintings. She uses found objects, bamboo, ephemera, old paper, acrylic, goauche, pencils, pens, ink, glitter ... and as she expresses,"and anything else within my grasp". "Yaslani" is the brainchild for all her creative outlets. Having studied Fine Art-Painting at Otis Art Institute in Los Angeles she ventured into the corporate world and found that "normal" wasn't for her. Creating is her "norm". for her making things is an addiction. Yaslani's work is fun and interesting but in her own words, "There are no heavy messaages in my work. I consider my art to be an aesthetic conversation. A lovely chat between friends sometimes relaying a story or an inside joke." Yaslani's work can be viewed and purchased at her Etsy store: http// yaslani.etsy.com To learn more about Yaslani and her work go to her blog: May I invite you to take time to visit her store - I am sure you will find some lovely items for gift giving. http://aslanisgroovespot.blogspot.com

No comments: